Common Securitization Solutions (CSS) is seeking an experienced Business Analyst III to join our team of talented professionals. This position is being offered as a remote opportunity.
Common Securitization Solutions (CSS) is a joint venture owned by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac representing the largest and most efficient securitization service in the world. Through the use of advanced technology, CSS created the Common Securitization Platform (CSP) which serves as the resilient engine for our securitization administration business activities. CSS is an indispensable business partner creating profound value for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac by managing the issuance of their Uniform Mortgage Backed Security (UMBS) and complex REMIC securitization structures. CSS manages the disclosure process for new and ongoing securitization issuance, the deal modeling and analysis of complex securitization frameworks, bond administration activities and tax preparation and reporting.
Today CSS manages over 1 million securities backed by 27 million mortgage loans for approximately $5 trillion in outstanding principal balances. As an entrepreneurial, forward thinking enterprise, CSS brings together a confluence of industry leading talent and business science in a technology enabled, client focused team approach to create solutions that permit our clients to capitalize upon market opportunities, and/or address internal business, operations and technological challenges in an expeditious and effective manner.
CSS prides itself on its ability to attract industry leading talent from a variety of diverse business sectors including global capital markets, technology, business sciences, operations, risk and compliance, and finance. We work together as “one team” with an intense sense of community, innovation and creativity as we create and deliver value for our clients.
CSS is seeking dynamic individuals to join its product delivery team. The ideal candidate is passionate about business analysis, is a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision. The business analyst will be responsible for defining, analyzing and documenting business requirements to support CSS’s suite of solutions. Develop metrics and dashboards to communicate operational status. Attend client status meetings as needed, gather and publish detailed meeting minutes.
Key Job Functions
Gather business requirements and break them down into relevant, accurate and detailed user stories and/or functions requirements
Collaborate with product owners and key stakeholders to manage and prioritize the product backlog
Lead reviews of operations documentation (procedures, operating manuals) with internal and external stakeholders
Review test cases for quality assurance and to ensure they cover all of the relevant business scenarios
Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and decompose high level information and translate into business documents
Prepare meeting materials for key internal and external meetings (agenda, action items, minutes)
Participate in status meetings with business and other key stakeholders
Acquire knowledge of business processes, objectives and applications
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Finance, IT or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring employer sponsorship currently or in the future. CSS does not offer H-1B sponsorship for this position.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to work independently and to proactively seek guidance from others as needed
- Strong team player and has the capacity to work collaboratively and effectively with cross functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Result oriented, accepting responsibilities and challenges that take them outside their comfort zone
- Client focused
- Basic understanding of software development and Agile Methodology
- Partners well with peers, subordinates, managers and functional partners
- Capability to manage and handle escalations by liaising with the internal & external stakeholders of the business
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize a full plate
As a condition of employment with Common Securitization Solutions, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Common Securitization Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.