Common Securitization Solutions (CSS) is seeking an experienced Java Developer I to join our team of talented professionals in Bethesda, MD.
Common Securitization Solutions (CSS) is a joint venture owned by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac representing the largest and most efficient securitization service in the world. Through the use of advanced technology, CSS created the Common Securitization Platform (CSP) which serves as the resilient engine for our securitization administration business activities. CSS is an indispensable business partner creating profound value for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac by managing the issuance of their Uniform Mortgage Backed Security (UMBS) and complex REMIC securitization structures. CSS manages the disclosure process for new and ongoing securitization issuance, the deal modeling and analysis of complex securitization frameworks, bond administration activities and tax preparation and reporting.
Today CSS manages over 1 million securities backed by 27 million mortgage loans for approximately $5 trillion in outstanding principal balances. As an entrepreneurial, forward thinking enterprise, CSS brings together a confluence of industry leading talent and business science in a technology enabled, client focused team approach to create solutions that permit our clients to capitalize upon market opportunities, and/or address internal business, operations and technological challenges in an expeditious and effective manner.
CSS prides itself on its ability to attract industry leading talent from a variety of diverse business sectors including global capital markets, technology, business sciences, operations, risk and compliance, and finance. We work together as “one team” with an intense sense of community, innovation and creativity as we create and deliver value for our clients.
- Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units.
- Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams’ efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application.
- Participate in or review all the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
Key Job Functions
- Assess and develop high level design requirements and communicate in writing or in meetings with the development team.
- Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Write and review code done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development.
- Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Create, maintain, and execute automated functional and regression testing of front end and backend applications.
- Execute test cases based on functional specifications for new products as well as change requests (defects, enhancements, new features functionality).
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1-3 years of related experience.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring employer sponsorship currently or in the future. CSS does not offer H-1B sponsorship for this position.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with core Java, server-side Java technologies, and Spring frameworks is a plus.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies is a plus.
- Knowledge of automated deployment tools such as Maven, Jenkins, and Team City is a plus.
- Knowledge of event processing models, multi-threading, enterprise integration pattern, Web Services and REST services.
- Knowledge of test automation tools such as Cucumber, TOSCA is a plus.
As a condition of employment with Common Securitization Solutions, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Common Securitization Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.