Common Securitization Solutions (CSS) is seeking an experienced Risk and Reporting Analyst to join our team of talented professionals. This position is being offered as full-time remote.
Common Securitization Solutions (CSS) is a joint venture owned by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac representing the largest and most efficient securitization service in the world. Through the use of advanced technology, CSS created the Common Securitization Platform (CSP) which serves as the resilient engine for our securitization administration business activities. CSS is an indispensable business partner creating profound value for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac by managing the issuance of their Uniform Mortgage Backed Security (UMBS) and complex REMIC securitization structures. CSS manages the disclosure process for new and ongoing securitization issuance, the deal modeling and analysis of complex securitization frameworks, bond administration activities and tax preparation and reporting.
Today CSS manages over 1 million securities backed by 27 million mortgage loans for approximately $5 trillion in outstanding principal balances. As an entrepreneurial, forward thinking enterprise, CSS brings together a confluence of industry leading talent and business science in a technology enabled, client focused team approach to create solutions that permit our clients to capitalize upon market opportunities, and/or address internal business, operations and technological challenges in an expeditious and effective manner.
CSS prides itself on its ability to attract industry leading talent from a variety of diverse business sectors including global capital markets, technology, business sciences, operations, risk and compliance, and finance. We work together as “one team” with an intense sense of community, innovation and creativity as we create and deliver value for our clients.
CSS’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team is looking to hire an Analyst to join the Risk Analytics & RCSA team within the Second-Line-of-Defense reporting to the Director of Enterprise Risk Management. This role will have the responsibility to support ERM reporting requirements on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly cadence. Efficiency and accuracy are key as most reports are utilized by all levels of management, including executive committees. Additionally, the ideal Analyst will have prior experience supporting a risk management function, Risk Control Self-Assessments (RCSA), GRC Tool, and Risk Control Matrix. Operational Risk Management is critical to managing our business and this role will play a key part in ensuring ongoing maintenance of a well-controlled environment as CSS grows. This is a highly visible and dynamic role that interacts with all levels of management, including Executives.
Key Job Functions
- Create value added risk analytics and reports, summaries, and presentations for all levels of CSS management and stakeholders.
- Gather, synthesize, and ensure data integrity of source data for all reports.
- Streamline reports to ensure efficiency and sustainability.
- Aggregate and analyze risk reporting results to identify and communicate risk insights through monthly reporting
- Support RCSA functionality within the risk management system of record (GRC tool) to support risk analytics.
- Maintain and update RCSA Training materials, job aides, and procedure documentation.
- Maintain RCSA data integrity within the GRC Tool.
- Support the improvement of the Risk and Control Matrix (RCM) pursuant to CSS business objectives, regulatory requirements, and other industry risk and control frameworks, by ensuring timely updates in the GRC Tool.
- Facilitate and support quarterly Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSAs).
- Act as a point of contact for the business by assisting or answering questions regarding ERM Programs, standards, and processes.
- Provide Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) system support, by performing user acceptance testing and providing end-user support.
- Maintain and follow assigned ERM procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or at least four years of direct related work experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience conducting reporting and data analytics.
- Minimum 2 years working in Risk Management or related work experience.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring employer sponsorship currently or in the future. CSS does not offer H-1B sponsorship for this position.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Must have advanced Microsoft Excel, Access, and Powerpoint skills.
- Must have intermediate Microsoft Word and Visio skills.
- Demonstrated experience creating or managing databases.
- Prior experience using various data analytic and business intelligence tools is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to comprehend, analyze, interpret, and communicate risk reporting results.
- Experience maintaining Sharepoint repositories.
- Understanding of standard risk concepts, such as process, risk, control, inherent risk, residual risk, RCSA, and RCM.
- Experience using a GRC system.
- Ability to work independently and execute tasks with minimal oversight.
- Highly organized individual effective maintaining accuracy with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize workload when executing multiple deliverables.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to operate collaboratively in a fast paced and collaborative environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment that presents a high degree of subjectivity and change.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
As a condition of employment with Common Securitization Solutions, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Common Securitization Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.